Questions to ask your child’s private music teacher.
Use the following guide to have a conversation with a prospective private music teacher for your child.
- At what age should you start a child on a string instrument? Why that age? (in your opinion)
- What are the ingredients for a successful student?
- What are the ingredients that make a successful teacher?
- Can/Could/Should all kids play the violin (or instrument of your choice)?
- How much/often should students practice?
- How important is listening to live and recorded music?
- What opportunities are out there for adults who want to learn an instrument?
- How important is group/ensemble playing?
- Does taking piano lessons before starting a string or wind instrument help? Hurt? Why?
- How important is performance/recital playing for a beginner?
- What about Suzuki and other methods? Recommendations of what works for you as a teacher?
- What is the difference between a great player and a great teacher?
There are no right or wrong answers, viagra but the answers you get will help you understand the teacher’s philosophy, viagra canada teaching style and expectations. Finding the compatible teacher (especially for a beginner) is key to musical success, right from the start.
Consider your expectations as a parent/guardian, and talk with your about his/her expectations as well.iq option commenti